Page 3 of 9
Finance and General Purpose Committee (FGPC)
Power of the F & GPC
- Exercise control over the college property, revenue and expenditure of the college.
- Deal with any matter requiring council decision on behalf of a college council
- Shall direct the deposit and investment of all subscriptions, donations and other monetary incomes paid to the college.
- Shall cause proper accounts to be kept and audited.
- Shall examine, draft annual estimates of revenue, the expenditure of the College and make recommendations to the Government through the state Ministry of Education on proposals for capital expenditure.
- Shall consider and make recommendations to the state government through the state ministry of Education on proposals for capital expenditures.
- Make recommendation to the State Government through the Ministry of Education the conditions of employment of the staff of the college.
- May make recommendations to the State Government concerning fees and other money payable to the college.
- Shall such other duties as the State Government and/or the Ministry of Education may delegate to it.